
So I'm a little emotional today, although that's not unusual for me, but I'm especially so today. Yesterday I spent 6+ hours in the ER with my grandmother. To make a long story short, she fell, but luckily didn't break anything and is back home resting now.
Still, yesterday has left me with a lot of thoughts, just like the other times we've had situations come up with her. She is getting older. She is 85 years old and healthy, but frail, very frail. My mama and I have always been close and all I've ever wanted was for her to be able to meet her grandbabies. And I'm so scared that my kids won't get to meet this amazing person that's been such a big part of my life. Someone who used to cook me dinner after school and take the nuts of the brownies for me because she knew I hated them so much. Someone that used to sew me dresses and doll clothes and took so much time to show me how to sew as well. She is someone that has always prayed for me and encouraged me. Someone that has always loved me and been there for me. And I want my kids to know her. She may not be the same as she was when I was growing up, but she means so much to me. I think more than anything, I'm just not ready to say goodbye to her yet.
Still, yesterday has left me with a lot of thoughts, just like the other times we've had situations come up with her. She is getting older. She is 85 years old and healthy, but frail, very frail. My mama and I have always been close and all I've ever wanted was for her to be able to meet her grandbabies. And I'm so scared that my kids won't get to meet this amazing person that's been such a big part of my life. Someone who used to cook me dinner after school and take the nuts of the brownies for me because she knew I hated them so much. Someone that used to sew me dresses and doll clothes and took so much time to show me how to sew as well. She is someone that has always prayed for me and encouraged me. Someone that has always loved me and been there for me. And I want my kids to know her. She may not be the same as she was when I was growing up, but she means so much to me. I think more than anything, I'm just not ready to say goodbye to her yet.
What a beautiful post! I totally understand what you mean. I am not ready to say goodbye to my Grandma yet either! (((HUGS))) to you and your grandma.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
ReplyDelete