
A mother's heart
I dream of you.
Of what you look like
Of the sweet sound of your laughter.
I feel you.
Like you’re growing inside me
And my faith reassures me that you’re there.
I whisper to you.
Prayers that you’ll be kept safe
That you’ll soon be in my arms.
And I know some day you will be.
You may not be born yet,
Just striving to survive.
Or you may be in the arms of another
Waiting for help to arrive.
No matter where you find yourself
I know God is there
And when the time is right
He’ll guide you into my care.
He’ll lead you into our hearts, our home, our lives.
Fulfilling hopes and dreams
Answering all our cries.
You are my beloved gift from God
Though you didn’t come from this broken body of mine.
You are a part of me
And our hearts will be forever intertwined.
Of what you look like
Of the sweet sound of your laughter.
I feel you.
Like you’re growing inside me
And my faith reassures me that you’re there.
I whisper to you.
Prayers that you’ll be kept safe
That you’ll soon be in my arms.
And I know some day you will be.
You may not be born yet,
Just striving to survive.
Or you may be in the arms of another
Waiting for help to arrive.
No matter where you find yourself
I know God is there
And when the time is right
He’ll guide you into my care.
He’ll lead you into our hearts, our home, our lives.
Fulfilling hopes and dreams
Answering all our cries.
You are my beloved gift from God
Though you didn’t come from this broken body of mine.
You are a part of me
And our hearts will be forever intertwined.
By Stephanie Giorgianni
August 21, 2010
love
ReplyDeleteAaawwww this made me cry. It's so beautiful and sweet. I'm always praying for the both or you <3
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem! I'm so glad you found my blog and I would be happy for you to follow our journey. I will be following yours as well :) If you ever have any questions or need support...this can be a long, emotional, lonely journey... please feel free to leave me a comment or e-mail!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And I have to tell you, I love following your blog! And I also really appreciate your help and advice! I'm sure I'll call upon you at some point! :)
ReplyDelete