Our Journey

Our Journey
Our Journey

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Italia!!!

Our Italia adventure has begun...

As we've traveled through the airports today, performing the necessary security requirements, I’ve been reminded of one thing.....a lot has changed in 7 years! Especially in regards to our country and the security measures they take now.
For those that don't know, we'll be celebrating our 7 year wedding anniversary this Wednesday.....hence our trip to Italy. Therefore, it has been 7 years since we've gone out of the country (our honeymoon to Mazatlan, Mexico). Obviously we've flown domestic flights since then but it wasn't until we suffered through the whole gauntlet of flying international that I realized how much things had changed. And what's worse...anyone that knows me knows that I'm completely incapable of traveling light! It’s just not in my nature. To imagine packing just one color boots is unthinkable and trying to plan my outfits ahead of time is an impossible feat for me, leaving me to pack several outfits for EACH DAY. Yes, I know it’s exhausting….even to me. So you can imagine the trail of luggage Mikey has had to endure through check-ins, security check points and from gate to gate. Although, believe it or not, Mikey brought just as many bags as I did, all the same size. So it’s not just this clothing obsessed person that has caused our shoulders to ache and our feet to hurt.
Anyways, getting back to my traveling realization….security! Whether you fly international or domestic, we’ve all probably encountered the horrid x-ray machines. Well, being weary of said machinery . we decided we’d opt out of the x-ray machines and take the embarrassing yet healthier route of the pat down option. Well, lucky for me I didn’t get chosen, which is odd because usually I do, but Mikey did. So he had the pleasure of getting felt up by a complete stranger in the middle of the airport. And if you know Mikey, he’s really ticklish! I mean SUPER ticklish! So it was only a matter of seconds after the pat down began that Mikey began to giggle, not laugh….giggle. I’m sure at this point the TSA agent was either really concerned or hating his job and thinking he had a security threat on his hands. So Mikey says to the guy, “sorry, I’m ticklish”. Well, as the guy continues his pat down/feel up (whichever you prefer), Mikey continues to giggle to the point that the TSA agent can’t help but laugh. Apparently though, it looks a little “odd” if a TSA agent is performing a VERY hands on pat down and is laughing because he told Mikey, “they can’t see me laugh”. Obviously once Mikey was “clear” the TSA agent joked around with us about it, but I guess I never gave much thought to Mikey’s fellow CWATs (Comrades who are ticklish). Not only are you embarrassed to stand there while a TSA agent gets up close and personal without buying you dinner first, but then if you’re someone who is ticklish, it’s a whole new experience.
Needless to say, today has been an amusing and good start to our trip. I’m glad that I have my amazing and loving marito by my side. He finds a way to make everything funny and makes traveling anything but boring. I can’t wait to see what else we encounter! It’ll definitely be a trip to remember!

Arrivederci USA, Salve Italia!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.