Our Journey

Our Journey
Our Journey

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not worthy...


Mark 16:15
"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

As we prepare to go to Belize both physically and spiritually, I've come to the realization of something that I had never thought of before...

I'm not worthy to proclaim the gospel to the whole creation, to anyone. I'm not worthy to speak the words of Jesus or even speak His name. It's just as John the Baptist said in Matthew 3:11, "...he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry." I'm not worthy.

But amazingly, God can take a sinner like me, clothed in filth and the scum of this world and not only save me, rescuing me from a very deserved eternal punishment, but also, by HIS grace, send me out into the nations to tell of His salvation, to proclaim HIS NAME. WOW, seriously?! God, are you sure about this one?! I'm truly amazed that He would bestow something so precious on someone like me. And I don't take it lightly.
My prayer on this trip is that I can please His heart by fulfilling what He has asked of me to do, and not with the words of my mouth, with which I would fail, but HIS words. It is only by Him and through Him, I am able to speak His name and tell of this gospel. So please pray for me and my team as we travel next week. Pray that we are the first gleam of light into a dark world. Pray that we will lay down our pride and flesh and walk in His Spirit and His humility. Please, just pray.
We are so undeserving of this gospel and even to speak of it, but by His grace, we are able to.

Acts 1:8
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.””

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.